Since 2011, ModernEYES Optical located in Lancaster, PA has raised over $65,000 for local charities! Over 400 kids were helped in the No Child’s VISION Left Behind program. We were featured on WGAL News because of our charitable work.
Host a ModernEYES Optical eyewear event to raise money for your organization.
How it Works…
- ModernEYES Optical brings hundreds of the most stylish eyeglass frames to the event.
- ModernEYES Optical will offer a special discount for each event to further entice people to come.
- People purchase their new glasses (frame and lenses) at the event and ModernEYES Optical will donate a percentage of the SALES back to the organization.
- ModernEYES Optical staff will help create all marketing materials like invitations and flyers.
- The organization is responsible for helping create a marketing plan including a list of staff, donors, volunteers, etc. that will be invited to the event and will execute the plan as agreed.
- ModernEYES Optical will have invitations at its place of business and will promote the event to its customers on Facebook, etc.
See It Forward
Our See It Forward Program has a “Double Vision”:
- VISION #1: Provide an alternative to corporate vision insurance that gives you a better value and a better experience.
- VISION #2: Find and help local people that need eye exams and glasses but cannot afford them!
No Child’s Vision Left Behind!
We currently partner with 20 school districts in Lancaster and York to find students that may be struggling in school because they need glasses but can’t afford them. We have been able to help over 320 local kids so far!
|“Dear Modern Eyes,I want to thank-you for your willingness to provide vouchers for glasses for children in our district and schools. I have seen firsthand the difference it makes with the students in my school.
Recently a student needed another pair of glasses after her first pair became damaged beyond repair. As is the case with many hard-working families, money for a second pair of glasses was not in the budget… and as in many cases, the first pair is not either. I talked with the family and gave them one of your vouchers and they were able to get their child another pair free of charge at your store. I double-checked with the parents to make sure there were no out-of- pocket expenses, and there were not. I am fortunate to see the results first hand. When I see a child smiling ear-to-ear over a new pair of glasses and to see they are so happy to have new glasses, I know it makes a difference in their lives. Because of what you offer to our community, children are able to receive not just the frames and lenses, but an eye exam as well. Thank-you.
As a principal, I want my students to love and appreciate reading. That can only happen if they can read the words clearly and see what they are reading. I never want the love of a child reading a favorite book to be deterred because they do not have glasses. I also do not want families having to choose between food on the table or a pair of needed glasses for their child; that should never be.
Know what you do does not go unrecognized and that I appreciate your willingness to be a part of our community.
Tony Aldinger, Principal, Bucher Elementary School